Notes: You can attend the Mysore self-practice in the mornings even if you’re not taking the full course!
I’ll be in Bristol in September for a two part Ashtanga Intensive designed for teachers and students who wish to deepen their existing Ashtanga practice. Each day will begin with a Mysore style self practice, then we will look at anatomy and adjustments, split over two parts, Primary up to Navasana, then Navasana and Introduction to the Second Series.
• In depth work on personal asana practice, practice of pranayama and chanting
• Bandhas and how to teach
• Ujjayi breath and how to teach
• Course structure and how to teach beginners
• Teaching led classes
• Adjustments of the key postures of full primary series and early part of second series
• Anatomy and physiology of different postures e.g. forward bends, twists, hip opening and back bends
• Energetics of the practice
• Avoiding and dealing with injuries
To apply please send BCY an email/ written page detailing:
• Your name and contact details
• Your yoga experience to date
• Your current practice
• Why you wish to do this course
This intensive can count towards your Yoga Alliance Diploma (500 hour qualification)
For more information see Bristol City Yoga.